Be ready to provide these documents to your loan officer at time of Pre-Approval:
- Copy of your drivers license(s)
- Copy of your social security card(s)
- Most recent 30 days of paystubs
- Last 2 years W-2s
- Last 2 years Federal income tax returns (all schedules)
- Most recent 2 months bank statements (all pages, and must include all activity)
- Current landlord contact information
- Current mortgage statement (if you currently own a home)
The above items will allow your loan officer to provide you a thorough Pre-Approval.
Now, some things to avoid:
- DO NOT transfer or deposit any funds into your bank accounts that are not common (direct deposit, etc.)
- DO NOT open any new accounts (credit card, cell phone, etc.)
- DO NOT shop for the new home (furniture, window treatments, grill, etc)
- DO NOT co-sign on a loan for anyone else
- DO NOT add anything to your current debt
And a few things you should do:
- DO create and keep a papertrail for EVERY deposit made in to your bank account
- DO make all your monthly payments on time
- DO ask your loan officer questions on anything not covered here
These tips apply to both homebuyers and homeowners that are looking to refinance, and should assist in making the loan approval process a little less stressful.
If you are looking to purchase a home, feel free to complete the FREE, NO OBLIGATION Pre-Qualification Form and I will get back to you as soon as possible.